Obviously I've used this value in my wedding planning abilities when possible (lets face it, I can't use a coupon for all our vendors). My frugality mostly comes into play with my DIY projects. I've frequented various websites and stores to find certain items for my projects.
- I found a former bride selling 28 clear cylinder vases from her wedding for $3. I met her in the parking lot of a local university and made the transaction.
- I found another bride selling manzanita branches from her wedding for $4 each. I went with my MOH to the bride's mother's house to pick up the branches.
- I decided to branch out one night and search the Chicago Craigslist postings since my MOH lives in Chicago, and I try to go up there as much as possible. I ended up finding a bride who was selling $18 table number holders for $15 (these little puppies would have cost me ~$40 from the store). My MOH graciously agreed to meet her at a Starbuck's to make the transaction for me.
- I LOVE those little 50% off and 40% off regular retail price coupons. I always have them in my car. Seriously.
- I bought all of my votives from Michael's. 50% off, of course. 12 for $3.99.
- Things I've purchased from Michael's: circular hole punches, scrapbook paper, ribbon, styrofoam ball (for topiary), aisle runner ($15! 50% off coupon!).
- I wish JoAnn dished out the 50% off and 40% off coupons like Michael. Prude. Oh well, I still frequent her store... with my 40% off coupon in hand.
- Things I've purchased from JoAnn's: ribbon, paper mache boxes, silk pink peonies.
- Love the 40% off regular retail price coupons from Hob Lob. They run good weekly sales as well. Watch the fine print though, today I tried to buy a wooden Halloween sign thinking it was 50% off, but Halloween products made from wood weren't included. Looks like I'll be going back for my "Trick or Treat" sign later...
- Things I've purchased from Hobby Lobby: ribbon, styrofoam ball (for topiary).
- Watch those end-cap clearances! I found 8 packs of floating candles for $2.78 each and 6 packs of large unscented tealights for $1.74 each.
- I haven't purchased anything for the wedding from Goodwill... yet. Stroll down their glassware and houseware aisles. They usually have great vases for $.99 to $2.99. I see a lot of Mason and Ball jars too.
- Watch for their sales too! Today it was 50% off Saturday. Everything in the store was 50% off!
- I bought my paper lanterns from here. I think they have pretty good prices.
- Where everything costs $1!
- I bought some clear, cylinder vases and styrofoam from DT.